Mark Herzog, one of the few Flamenco singers in Colorado, he started his studies of Flamenco as a guitarist, giving him an incredible knowledge about this difficult art form to be able to become a great singer later. He was part of the ensemble “Embrujo Flamenco” for 5 years.
Mark had worked with some of the most renowned Flamenco artist in U.S. as Lia Ochoa, Maria Vazquez, Steve Mullens, Kevin Romero, Pablo Rodarte, Salli Gutierrez, Ricardo Diaz, etc.
Mark Herzog is the lead guitar and vocal of "Flamenco Underground". Most shows are performed with him playing and singing.
Natalia Pérez del Villar was born in Oviedo, Spain. She started her studies of dance at the age of nine with classical ballet. At the age of thirteen, while continuing her studies of classical ballet, she began to study flamenco dance in Oviedo where she performed with the Cuadro Flamenco de Iván Bravo. With Iván Bravo she also learned jazz and Russian dance. She then moved to Jerez de la Frontera (Cadiz) to continue her flamenco studies at La Fundación Andaluza del Flamenco.
Natalia has studied flamenco with Iván Bravo, Matilde Coral, Rafael "el negro", Marisol Moreno, Juan del Valle, Adriana Maresma, La China, Azucena Vega and Pablo Rodarte.
Natalia was the artistic director of "Embrujo Flamenco" for 5 years, preparing and directing all her shows. She also worked with Pablo Rodarte in his company Dance España as a soloist dancer.
Natalia is the artistic director of "Flamenco Underground".
Flamenco Underground performs regularly in the Denver area as well as other parts of Colorado, offering shows with live music, dancing and singing.
Flamenco Underground shows are “Tablao” style, like in Spain, with a lot of improvisation. This brings a unique and unforgettable experience to the audience.
Flamenco Underground is very focused on exposing people in Colorado to this beautiful art form by bringing Flamenco artists from other parts of the USA and from Spain to do shows and teach workshops.
Flamenco Underground is available for any kind of show: weddings, restaurants, corporate parties, private parties, schools demostrations, festivals, etc.
Following are the different options for your events:
- Duo: dancer and guitarrist for shows or demostrations
- Cuadro Flamenco: Guitarist, Singer and dancer/s for bigger events
If you are looking for a memorable event please contact us for information and pricing.
Natalia Perez del Villar has collaborated with different artists, Flamenco and other styles as well:
• El Javi
Classical and Tango musician and Dancer Grisha Nisnevich
• Tango Dancer Nina Pesochinsky
• Guitarist Alfredo Muro
• Classical Flutist Emma Shubin
• Moroccan Musician and Singer Tito del Barrio
• Belly Dancer Sonia (Show Zambra)
• Opera Singer Eve Orenstein
• Opera Singer Alex Sierra
• Violinist Kailin Yong
• Theather Director Antonio Mercado: Blood Wedding play in North High School and Blood Wedding play in University of Colorado
• Flamenco Guitarists, Vincent Chavez, Kevin Romero, Miguel Espinoza, Rene Heredia and Ricardo Diaz
• Flamenco Singers Mark Herzog, Meagan Chandler & Vicente Griego
• Flamenco Dancers, Maria Vazquez, Lia Ochoa, Pablo Rodarte, Miguel Bernal, Rene Heredia Flamenco Fantasy Dance Theater, Dance España Pablo Rodarte's Company.
click here to add text.